Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Overhaul - the Living Room

I'm in full search mode - well that's nothing new.  But, I have a strong focus on a true project this time and that's furnishing a new condo.  It's not actually bought but I like to plan ahead so that when the time comes I'll have all my cards lined up.  Voila.  So, in the next few postings you'll see what I'll been compiling these past few weeks.

This bold striped rug by Madeleine Weinrib is exactly the graphic punch I want in my living room.  I'm not scared of some big stripes...bring it on.




http://www.madelineweinrib.com/ama/cotton_flatweaves/Lupe_BlueWhite.html

I'm obsessing over grey stained floors.  They can give off a beachy look or a totally contemporary feel.  My boyfriend and I are going to roll up our sleeves on this project and give it a go when the time comes.  I hope it turns out as well as these examples.



I want a sectional for the new place but something that isn't just your standard cookie cutter.  I wanted something that had a little extra appeal.  I fell in love with the Gus Modern Jane Bi-Sectional.  It has beautiful tufting and comes in a range of neutral colors which fit my color palette.  The sectional piece can be moved left or right which is great to suit the needs of your space.



No comments:

Post a Comment