Monday, April 25, 2011

New York, I love you!

You may have noticed that I haven't been posting in about a week and a half.  I was off to China.  No matter where you travel after a certain amount of time you long for your home.  I get very homesick every time I go there despite the experiences I gain.  The culture, shopping, and food all make for good memories.  But, being homesick can only make you appreciate all that you have.  One of those things is food.  It's something that can bring people together and remind you of past days.  When I come home I crave some of my favorite foods.  And I can find some of the best food in New York City.  Since I live in Brooklyn, where the food scene is expanding everyday, I have plenty of satiating options. DuMont, in Williamsburg, offers creative takes on American food.  It has a hipster vibe in the decor and music (you'll hear lots of Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, and the like).  Try the Marinated Beet Salad, Crispy Baby Artichokes, DuMac and Cheese, and the DuMont Burger.  It'll remind you of how good New York is - and how much you missed it.



For more details and photos check out dumontrestaurant.com


No comments:

Post a Comment