Sunday, November 21, 2010

Living the modern life

Let me first introduce myself to all of my readers.  I'm Lauren and I'm so happy to be able to share my love of everything modern, new, and fabulous in the world of interior design & decorating, fashion, travel, and restaurants.  I've been working in the fashion industry for 10years with my focus on footwear product development.  My style has always been ever changing over the course of my life and I love that.  I really enjoy the excitement that comes with each new season's offerings.  It's like my drug.  I have spent my working life in Manhattan but have lived in Brooklyn for the past 7years.  The city as a whole is so full of style ranging from high to low and everywhere in between.  I can say that I really love the high end products though my budgets cannot allow me to always get the most expensive things.  But, I don't let that deter me from finding a great replica.  When I find something I want I will search all over until I find it.  I probably should be a personal shopper since I find myself looking at the internet for that perfect piece on a daily basis.  And of course some of my favorite stores and located right here which makes it very convenient to see something in person before buying it.  My aim here is to show you my current obsessions.  I hope that you'll find them as amazing as I do.

I'm a little obsessed with anything mirrored for interior spaces.  These are some of my loves right now.

ZGallerie has a great selection of mirrored pieces.  They are one of my favorite sites for home goods.  These mirrored placements are an elegant addition to your table setting and perfect for dinner parties.  A set of 4 is $119.80.  I know it seems like a lot for placemats but to me they are worth every penny.
http://www.zgallerie.com/p-5212-mirror-placemats-set-of-4.aspx

This mirrored vanity set is so luxurious and feminine.  It makes getting ready in the bathroom much more pleasant in the morning.  This is also from ZGallerie.  The tray, lotion dispenser, soap dish, and container are $49.95 and sold as a set.  The tissue box is separate and sells for $14.95.

http://www.zgallerie.com/p-4304-margaux-vanity-set-tissue-box.aspx

This coffee table is simple but makes a big impact.  I have a mirrored coffee table myself that I purchased from West Elm but is no longer available.  This one is from ERoomService and called the Sol Mirrored Glass Modern Coffee Table by Tonin Casa.  It sells for $2095.00.

 http://www.eroomservice.com/furniture/sol-mirrored-glass-coffee-table.html

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog!! I can't wait 2 read more....keep blogging!! We could all learn a lot from you!!!

    ReplyDelete