Saturday, November 27, 2010

A Sparkling Reason to Eat

I love anything that sparkles.  So now, to my delight, when I am shopping for something sparkly in the Soho outpost of Swarovski I can also get a bite to eat.  Swarovski makes perfect gifts for that special friend in your life.  After finding that fabulous bauble take a break from the hustle and bustle of holiday shopping and have lunch at Cafe Kristall.  Kurt Gutenbrunner's (the Wallse chef) has light fare on the menu (salads, soups) with some heartier options as well (pasta, sandwiches, meat & fish entrees).  And save room for dessert.  The Mozartkugel is what I have my eye on.  It's a round confection comprised of dark chocolate mousse, nougat parfait, pistachios, and chocolate streusel.  Yum.  Plus, the real icing on the cake is the decor of the cafe itself.  Just look for yourself.








No comments:

Post a Comment