Friday, November 26, 2010

Modern Luxuries

It's so nice to have that special piece in your home that stops everyone in their tracks.  Something that makes everyone say "Wow, that is so ____"  You get the point.  If I had some more space in my studio apartment these are what I'd make room for.

This gorgeous floor lamp is so beautiful and different.  The pictures don't really do it justice.  I have had my eye on this lamp for months and finally went into Restoration Hardware the other day and got to see it in person.  It's even better than I could have imagine.  It's really quite large - 94" tall to be exact.  I love the nautical/spotlight thing it's got going on.  And the classic aluminum fits so well with today's modern look of furniture.  You can adjust the amount of light by opening or closing the shutters.  It's sells for $1525.


http://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=prod1593067&categoryId=cat1598016

I love the look of fur but my love of animals will prevent me from actually buying anything real.  Faux fur is really big right now not just in fashion but in home goods.  It takes some work to find a good faux fur.  It needs to be soft and not look like it's been run over a few times.  I have my eye on the Ivory throw since I have a dog who sheds and this color blends in with her hair more.  The Espresso is also very rich and luxurious.  They are cut like a mink coat.  The Frosted Taupe is a uniform cut throw without the look of the pelts.  It would be the perfect thing to have draped over your couch which you can snuggle up with after a long day at work.  I'm going to be putting mine over the bed for some extra warmth at night and for my little dog to sleep on all day long.  Right now it's on sale for $119 at Pottery Barn.



http://www.potterybarn.com/products/faux-fur-throw/?pkey=cthrows

I love acrylic furniture.  It's both retro and new at the same time.  It allows you to appreciate the piece for design itself.  No complications.  If I had a dining room rest assured these would all be around the table.  These are from CB2 and are $179/piece.   



http://www.cb2.com/family.aspx?c=206&f=4957&fromLocation=search

No comments:

Post a Comment