Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I See Right Through You

Nothing is more simplistic than something that is completely clear and colorless.  I find this most attractive in pieces for the home as they rely solely on their bare structure and shape instead of a bold hue.  I'm drawn to anything crystal, acrylic, and lucite.  Any of these items would work in a modern decorated home.

This clear lucite side table by Hollyhock would look amazing seated right next to your bed.  A beautiful bouquet of flowers on top would only add to the opulence.  It also comes in a grey color.  It's available on hollyhockinc.com for $1350.00.



A more affordable option are candleholders.  These beauties are from Crate and Barrel.  They are sold separately or together.  I prefer the set of 3 for the variety of heights.  Plus, it's always good to group accessories in odd numbers.  The set of three is $36.95 at crateandbarrel.com.  



Lamps are a great way to add style to your space (as well as the obviously light).  I have this lamp by Lauren Ralph Lauren and I have to say it is one of my favorite purchases I made for my home.  When lit the light radiates through the clear base and gives so much warmth to the room.  This is available at Macys.com and on sale for $300.00.




No comments:

Post a Comment