Sunday, January 9, 2011

Outfitting your Home

I'm using 2011 to save my money, as hard as that is, to put towards a down payment on a new condo.  I'm a planner so I'm already getting ideas of how I'd like to decorate.  I'm sure some of these will change over the year but I'm sharing them with all of you as they come along.

As you know by now, I love modern things but I found these Aviator Chairs from restorationhardware.com to be very retro while maintaining a modern sensibility.  They are wrapped in aluminum and the seat and back are in a luxurious leather.  They are very different than what most people may want but that's what makes them so special.  They are selling for $1495 each.



http://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=prod50031&categoryId=cat1701068

I'm very into white furniture lately.  I know it's not very practical for keeping clean especially when you have a dog like I do.  However, the pure color is so fresh.  I love how this bed looks.  The tuffed leather headboard is fabulous and the low profile of the platform is sleek.  I could totally see this working in my new digs.  This Ludlow Bed is for sale on downtownfurniturenyc.com for $2188.00 (queen size).  It's also available in black and brown but I think the white is the best.


http://www.downtownfurniturenyc.com/gallery/br-designer/mlludlowbed.html

My boyfriend and I love entertaining so a dining space is a must in the new place.  We'd like to give it some glam by adding a chandelier.  I've found the most stunning one although it's hard to settle on just one.  This beauty is from lampsplus.com for $1798.91.  It's by Schonbek and uses Swarovski crystals.  I'm dying just thinking about having this in my space.


http://www.lampsplus.com/products/Schonbek-Quantum-Silver-29-and-one-half-inch-Wide-Crystal-Chandelier__J2770.html




1 comment:

  1. You offer outstanding service and fabulous furniture. We found exactly what we needed. And our salesperson was amazing!Ashley Home Furniture

    ReplyDelete