Monday, December 13, 2010

Cold Weather Getaway

Tonight while I was going for a run through the park with my dog under the snowflakes I was inspired to write about cold weather getaways.  I'm going on my annual ski vacation at the end of this year and need some cute pieces to bring along.  Even if you don't ski you can still be one of the cutest apres-ski bunnies at the resort.

My friend and coworker Minda got the cutest faux fur trapper hat.  It's sure to keep your head warm which is important during the chilliest of winter days.  Unfortunately, the one she got at the Gap is no longer available but I found a very cute substitute in the same price range.  This version from Urban Outfitters will only set you back $38 and would look amazing at the outdoor fire pit at the center of the ski village.



If you want the most comfortable boots which also give you great protection in the snow than look no further than these moon boots by Marc Jacobs.  They are so outrageously fabulous.  I would pair mine with a heavy weight set of black leggings.  Just because you need snow boots doesn't mean you can't be stylish.  Net-a-porter.com has got these for $295.00.



Need something other than your boyfriend to snuggle up to?  How about a plaid wool cardigan hoodie?  This one from Rugby is perfect after that long day of skiing.  The plaid just screams rustic log cabin.  Though it very well would work in your casual city wear as well.  This is $198.00.



No comments:

Post a Comment