Saturday, December 4, 2010

Holiday Party Style

It's finally upon us.  The holiday party season.  It can be daunting to think of what to wear to each event to make it special and unique.  I've come up with some great pieces that will get you through the end of the year and then some.

Faux fur is very big right now.  I'm opting for a dressy chubby jacket instead of the vests you've seen so often in the stores.  It's a great way to keep warm while looking fabulous in your party attire.  I always disliked being dressed up to the nine's only to have to cover up my cute look with a basic wool coat.  This solves my dilemma.  This black faux fur jacket is by Aqua which is sold exclusively at Bloomingdales.  It's on sale for $120.32.


http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=496295&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results

Everyone needs a pair of killer heels for evening.  Nothing could be more special that these crystal encrusted peep toe ones by Christian Louboutin.  They are made in a gorgeous nude mesh with crystals on the upper and heel.  They may not remember the dress you wore to the party but they'll definitely remember these shoes.  They are selling for $2445.00 at Saks Fifth Avenue.



http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446371770&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=282574492709487&bmUID=iOS1WKX&ev19=1:1

It annoys me when I see a girl out for a night on the town and she's toting some enormous bag that's suited for daytime.  Why bother getting all decked if you're going to be held down by the weight of your purse?  Clutches are a key piece to every fashionistas arsenal.  If I had the money I would buy the Byzantine Queen Skull crocodile box clutch from the late Alexander McQueen.  I'm giddy just thinking about it.  A girl can dream can't she?  It's $9,750.00 on Net-a-porter.com.




http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/96058
Ruffles just make me happy.  Nothing is more feminine that a cascading ribbon of ruffles going down your frock.  That's why this dress make me overjoyed.  The color may be a neutral grey but the ruffles are uplifting.  This is by Camilla and Marc and is $790.00 on shopbop.com



http://www.shopbop.com/asabi-frock-camilla-marc/vp/v=1/845524441886071.htm?folderID=2534374302063655&fm=other-shopbysize-viewall
.




No comments:

Post a Comment