Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Years Eve Party

As you may have noticed I took a little break from updating my blog.  I have been enjoying the holidays with family and took a trip up to Vermont to do a little skiing.  It was perfect timing since we were hit with the first big blizzard of the winter season.  Now, I'm looking forward to the New Year's Eve festivities and have some great party pieces that I recommend to start 2011 off on the right foot. 

The "Tessie" dress by Alice + Olivia is the ideal party dress.  It's absolutely feminine and flirty.  It makes you feel a bit like a ballerina with its use of tulle.  A great pair of gemstone earrings will complement the dress but I'll get to them later.  You can find this on Bloomingdales.com for $440.00.


http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=505698&CategoryID=21449

I would pair the above dress with a much tougher looking shoe that what's shown on the above model.  I like the mix of girly chic with tough rocker chic.  Camilla Skovgaard makes some of the best shoes hands down.  They are always aggressive and will get you noticed.  They are $495.00 and available at Elizabeth-Charles.com.

http://elizabeth-charles.com/cs15.html

If you've been following the blog you'll see that I have a thing for big bold jewelry.  I LOVE these earrings by Tacori.  They have been on my wish list for quite some time.  The colors are warm and playful.  They are set in 18k rose gold and feature a pear shaped rose amethyst and round prasiolite.  I think they are the perfect accent for the whole ensemble.  Price is available upon request.

http://tacori.com/Fine-Jewelry/Diamond-Earrings#/SE100P1213



No comments:

Post a Comment