Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Financially Sound Makeup

When you find a good deal you shouldn't pass it up.  I love high end cosmetics as many nyc girls do.  But, there are definitely some steals out there.  You just have to look.  Not every product that's cheap in price is cheap in quality.  These are some beauty products which satisfy the beauty lover and saver in everyone.

Sometimes I just can't be bothered getting a manicure.  There are a few reasons for this.  1. I don't find it as enjoyable as a pedicure.  2. Its gotten really expensive.  3. My nails chip the next day anyway.  When I found these Sally Hansen Nail Shields I was suspicious at first.  Would they work?  Yes, they do.  The whole application process takes about 5-7 minutes.  It's really easy to do (plus, zero drying time - my favorite part).  And the natural palette is very wearable.  They say it lasts for 14 days but it's more like 7.  That's ok with me though since they only cost about $7 at your local drugstore.



This is the Winter Wake Up eye palette from Pixi Beauty.  It contains 12 neutral eyeshadows in a mix of matte and shimmer finishes.  You can easily wear these to work or punch it up for cocktails after work.  And it's still small enough to fit in your makeup bag.  It's only $9.99 at Target.

One of my favorite moisturizers is also my favorite daily sunscreen.  It's Anthelios SX SPF15 from La Roche Posay and is found at Duane Reade.  Years ago it could only be found in Europe but eventually the FDA approved it for sale here in the states.  I've been using it ever since.  It's light enough that you won't become too greasy and heavy enough for those tough dry winters.  It sells for $30.


No comments:

Post a Comment