Saturday, December 18, 2010

Weekend Chic

Who doesn't love the weekend?  It's a time to catch up on your personal life, relax, and get out of the 9-5 mindset.  You'll need some chic items to reach for though so you can get all of this accomplished fabulously.  This is my perfect weekend outfit.

On those chilly winter days nothing feels cozier than a sweater.  I think this shawl collar sweater coat from Vince is amazing.  You'll look pulled together and won't sacrifice an ounce of comfort.  It's available on shopbop.com for $375.00.







http://www.shopbop.com/sweater-coat-vince/vp/v=1/845524441886411.htm

I love the look of a henley shirt.  It would be a great base layer for the sweater coat shown above but equally great on its own.  This is a perfect example from C&C California.  The ribbed jersey will feel so soft against your skin.  It sells for $58 at shopbop.com.


http://www.shopbop.com/elbow-sleeve-scoop-neck-henley/vp/v=1/845524441871701.htm

Blank Denim is my new favorite jeans line.  I have quite a number of pairs.  Mostly because they fit me so well.  And they are half the price of traditional designer denim.  It gives me double the reason to get more than one pair.  I think a skinny black pair of jeans is so necessary.  These are the perfect ankle length to wear with either heels, ballet flats, or boots.  They are on Karmaloop.com for $60.


http://www.karmaloop.com/Products.aspx?ProductID=103405&VendorCode=BLN&iskazbah=false

This year I wanted a warm pair of boots other than Uggs to get me through the winter.  I just picked up these Ralph Lauren Collection shearling lined duck boots.  I plan on wearing them in the park to walk my dog, to Vermont when I go skiing, and to commute to work.  But, more often than not they will be my go to boot for the weekends.  They are a little retro but also modern and I love that.  They are on sale for $249.00.


http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4342736&cp=2943768.2018029&ab=ln_nodivision_cs8_shoes&pg=2&parentPage=family

And finally, to top off this whole look, I want to wear a piece of jewelry to bring up the casual quotient a notch.  I love what J.Crew is doing on a whole but their jewelry is just outstanding.  It's fun costume jewelry that's extremely well made.  This art deco necklace is by Lulu Frost for J.Crew.  The double chains can be removed so that it can also be worn as a choker.  And the double chains can be used as a bracelet.  So, really this is 3 pieces in one.  I love anything that gives you so many options.  It's available for $185.00.


http://www.jcrew.com/womens_category/jewelry/necklaces/PRDOVR~41201/41201.jsp

No comments:

Post a Comment