Sunday, December 5, 2010

Some self decoration

For me the last step before I head out my door is to add some jewelry to my outfit.  It's that finishing touch which adds a little extra oomph.  I love cocktail rings, statement necklaces, sparkly earrings, and everything else.  I have a collection of both fine and costume jewelry.  And many times I mix both types together.  I think the following are great pieces for both every day and night.

A bold necklace is a standout way to make an entrance.  It can simply be the only piece that you'll wear.  I've found for me what works is a larger piece rather than a delicate chain.  But, this version by Giles & Brother has a good mix of both.  Many tiny chains with a large tube and sparkly ring have so many elements working together.  The ring can be removed and worn separately.  In addition, the mixing of metals makes it very versatile.  It's on sale at shopbop.com for $126.00.







http://www.shopbop.com/single-rhinestone-pipe-necklace-giles/vp/v=1/845524441875155.htm

As mentioned above I absolutely ADORE cocktail rings.  I die for them actually.  This stunner by Kara Ackerman gives you a lot of bang for your buck.  The beautiful yellow topaz is warm and sophisticated.  The checkerboard faceting enhances the stone and catches the light with every move you make.  You can find it at karaackerman.com for $400.00.
http://karaackerman.bigcartel.com/product/new-i-kara-ackerman-i-yellow-topaz-square-cut-cocktail-ring
A dangley pair of chandelier earrings fits the bill for that hot little number you have in your closet.  These branch earrings remind me of coral.  I could see these with a diaphanous dress especially on a tropical vacation.  You can find these on vivre.com for $375.00.

 
http://www.vivre.com/product/Crystal_Branch_Earrings_


 

No comments:

Post a Comment